Cloquet Color Run - July 15th, 2017
We bring this event to Cloquet again this year to raise money for our Henry Walter scholarship fund for the Carlton, Cloquet, and Esko area Junior Rotarian program, so come out and enjoy the fun! This event is ran by our own Cloquet Rotary Club's Junior Rotarians. What are Junior Rotarians? We're glad you asked! They are well selected high school students from Carlton, Cloquet, and Esko who spend their senior year with us each week and volunteer during our events. Last year, one of those wonderful students asked if we could host a Color Run and if they could set up the event among the groups from each school! The Rotary Club thought this was an excellent idea and signed off, bringing you this exciting opportunity to be active and involved in the community!
For more information, visit the Cloquet Color Run website HERE.
The Cloquet Color Run is held annually at the Pine Valley Park in Cloquet, MN. This year's race will include a 2.5K and a 5K on July 15, 2017.
Pre-registration is $20/person regardless of age. Pre-registration ends July 8th. Registration at the door will be $30/person, regardless of age, and begins at 8:15 am.
All proceeds go towards our Henry Walter scholarship fund for the Carlton, Cloquet, and Esko area Junior Rotarian program.
This is a noncompetitive race, so we have participants in every age range from children in strollers to grandparents and every age in between. Whether you walk or run, the Cloquet Color Run is a fun and colorful event that engages the entire community. We will be giving away prizes this year for the youngest and oldest racers, the racer who has traveled the farthest, best team theme, and more! Please consider joining this year!
Registration starts at 7:30 am | Race starts at 9:00 am
Rotary is a worldwide organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional, and community leaders. Members of Rotary clubs, known as Rotarians, provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. There are 33,000 Rotary clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas. Clubs are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. As signified by the motto Service Above Self, Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world.
Projects supported by the Cloquet Rotary Club include:
- Ashley’s Playground in Braun Park
- Community Memorial Hospital
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Send 6 juniors from Cloquet Esko and Carlton to camp RYLA (Leadership Skills training camp) for one full week each year at U of M Crookston Campus
- United Way of Carlton County
- Sponsor 21 area seniors from Cloquet, Esko and Carlton and invite them to our
- Tuesday lunch meetings for 4 week intervals over 7 months with the purpose of meeting with area business men and women who are leaders in the community and also Rotarians
- Area Food Shelf
- Provide (5) $1000 scholarships to Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton seniors each year and (1) $1500 scholarship.
- Carlton County Historical Society
- Salvation Army
- NE Minnesota Regional Science Fair
- Literary Project which provides kindergartners with a personal book about them and their friends and family. Third graders are all provided with their own dictionary. These books are distributed to kindergartners and third graders in Carlton, Cloquet and Esko schools.
- International projects include wells for clean drinking water, Blue House Orphanage in Uganda, and eliminating polio throughout the world (only 3 countries to go)!
- Carlton Disc Golf project
- Area Mitten project
- High School grad parties, madrigals
- Honor Flight
- Friends of Animals
- Community Connect
- Carlton County Flood Relief and countless other local projects.